Sunday, January 18, 2015

Practice Blog #1



Outline

  • About my family and me
  • My hobbies and interests 
  • Why I want to enter the field of education
  • Description of a 21st teacher
  • My dream 
  • Picture about my passion 


      Hey there everyone! I am Caroline Mitchell and I am a sophomore here at the University of South Alabama. I was born and raised in Biloxi, Mississippi which is only about an hour away from here. I am a Secondary Education English major, but want to some day teach college. I am not the first of my family to attend college. My father is a Marine Biology major, but actually works for the Air Force. My mother is a history high school teacher, and is one of the people who helped me decided what I would want to do with my life. I also have a little sister who is in eighth grade, and as of right now also plans to go to college to be a teacher. I have one cat and one dog who are my life. I have had my cat for about two years and is named Mitzi. My dog just recently turned seven months old and is a lab mix named Lily.

     One of my favorite things to do is travel. I am pretty much the definition of a wanderlust. I plan to visit the whole United States, and would love to visit every country. I have been out of the country numerous of times and different places. I have been to the Bahamas, Mexico (twice), London, Paris, New York City, parts of Tennessee, Florida multiple times, different parts of Louisiana, and Texas. I am also always up for an adventure would probably explain why I love to travel and see new sights. I also love the outdoors- especially the beach. During the summer I actually work on an island which I take a boat to every morning in Biloxi.

     My goal is to become an English college professor because I love the deep thinking about writing that my professors has made me do so far. With college comes a whole bunch of different people, who have all grown up in different places with different backgrounds who have so many different perspectives on things. I also chose English because I like the idea of assigning papers and helping my students grow to be better writers. I would like to start off in high school though however to ease my way into the teaching world.

     The description of a 21st teacher is for sure someone who knows how to work with technology. Along with that a teacher who is willing to take in different ideas from all different sources whether it be people, the internet, or even news articles. Along with that a teacher is someone who also teaches things other than what is mandatory. Teachers should also teach life lessons and things we may see and deal with in our lifetime.

     One of my dreams is to teach English abroad in some country. Not only would I be seeing new sights, but I would be learning about a whole new culture.



 



No comments:

Post a Comment